Give Today! Support Randolph College
AboutAdmissionUndergraduateGraduateAcademicsUndergraduateGraduateStudent LifeAthleticsOutcomesAlumnae & AlumniParents & FamiliesInside RandolphAPPLYREQUESTVISITNEWSEVENTSSupport RandolphSearch

International Students

Studying in the United States is an exciting, yet serious undertaking. To decide if it is the best option for you, consider carefully how it will fit into your long-term educational and professional plans. To learn about financial aid, student visas, and required tests, explore the resources described below.

Financial Aid Eligibility

Most international citizens are not eligible for federal student aid from the U.S. Department of Education. There are, however, some instances in which non-citizens may be eligible for financial aid from the U.S. federal government. To determine if you are a qualified eligible non-citizen, you can view the requirements here.

  • Randolph College offers scholarships to eligible international students who have been admitted to the College.
  • Scholarships are based upon grades in secondary school and college (if applicable) and test scores (SAT, ACT, TOEFL, IELTS, Pearson Academic, or Duolingo English Test).
  • International students should note that Randolph College financial aid packages are available for use solely on the Lynchburg campus and will not otherwise transfer to Randolph College study abroad programs or any other overseas study experience.

Admission Tests

Most U.S. schools require the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) exam for non-native English speakers, while many undergraduate institutions also require you to take the SAT or the ACT test, IELTS, Pearson Academic, or Duolingo English Test.

Student Visas

If you are coming to the U.S. primarily for tourism, you are not allowed to take any degree seeking coursework. You will need to obtain a student visa. In most countries, first-time student visa applicants are required to appear for an in-person interview. For more information and the process on how to transfer from a B (Tourism) Visa to an F-1 (Student) Visa, you can visit here.

Each embassy and consulate sets its own interview policies and procedures regarding student visas. Consult the U.S. Embassy website for your country for specific application instructions.

Facebook Twitter Instagram LinkedIn YouTube RSS Feeds Snapchat