Forming a New Student Organization
Are you interested in starting a new student organization on campus? Please see the steps below to start the process!
- Contact the Coordinator of Student Engagement
Potential new student organizations will meet with staff member to determine feasibility of forming a new organization.
- Submit Proposal & Complete New Club Petition
Submit this form to the Coordinator of Student Engagement, Dean of Students Suite. You must then complete the petition and secure 25 student signatures.
- Recruit an Advisor
Find a staff or faculty member to advise your organization and have him/her fill out this form and return it to the coordinator of student engagement.
- Prepare a Constitution Draft
A template for a new student organization constitution can be found here. Submit the draft to the Student Organization Committee Chair.
- Turn in Completed Paperwork to Coordinator of Student Engagement.
The coordinator will review all the completed paperwork and then turn it in to Student Government.
- Set a Meeting with the Student Organization Committee Chair
The SOC will review the organization’s constitution and suggest any changes that need to be made.
- Present to the Student Government
Once the SOC has approved the organization’s constitution the primary student leader will present to the Senate for approval.