Give Today! Support Randolph College
AboutAdmissionAcademicsStudent LifeAthleticsOutcomesAlumnae & AlumniParents & FamiliesInside RandolphAPPLYREQUESTVISITNEWSEVENTSSupport RandolphSearch

G.I. Bill – Yellow Ribbon

Randolph College is pleased to partner with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs on the Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program, an initiative that provides financial support to help Post-9/11-era veterans or their dependents attend the college of their choice.

What is the Yellow Ribbon Program?

The Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program (Yellow Ribbon Program) is a provision of the Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008. This program allows institutions of higher learning (degree granting institutions) in the United States to voluntarily enter into an agreement with the Veterans Administration to make additional funds available for a student’s education program.
The number of individuals for whom contributions will be made by Randolph College is unlimited. The generous scholarship aid awarded by Randolph College represents the College’s contribution to Yellow Ribbon benefits.

How Does the Yellow Ribbon Program Benefit Me?

The Post-9/11 GI Bill® willl pay eligible individuals:

  • all resident tuition and fees directly to the school  for all public school in-state students.
  • for those attending private schools (like Randolph College), tuition and fees are capped at $20,235.02 for the 2014-2015 academic year.
  • for those attending classes at a greater than half-time rate, a monthly housing allowance (MHA) may be paid.
  • an annual books and supplies stipend of $1,000 paid proportionately based on enrollment.  For more information, click here.

Am I Eligible?

Only veterans entitled to the maximum benefit rate (based on service requirements) or their designated transferees may receive this funding. Active duty service members and their spouses are not eligible for this program (child transferees of active duty servicemembers may be eligible if the servicemember is qualified at the 100% rate).

Therefore, you may be eligible if:

  • You served an aggregate period of active duty after September 10, 2001, of at least 36 months;
  • You were honorably discharged from active duty for a service connected disability and you served 30 continuous days after September 10, 2001;
  • You are a dependent eligible for Transfer of Entitlement under the Post-9/11 GI Bill® based on a veteran’s service under the eligibility criteria listed above.

If you are a dependent of a veteran who is entitled to education benefits under the Post-9/11 GI Bill®, the veteran must transfer this eligibility to their dependent.  The dependent must then make application with the VA to use these benefits.  If the application is approved, the student will receive a Certificate of Eligibility from the VA.  Randolph College will require a copy of this Certificate of Eligibility in order to certify the student’s enrollment with the Veterans Administration.

How Do I Apply for Post-9/11 Benefits ?

Apply for Post-9/11 benefits at the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs web site > > >

If you are eligible, your Certificate of Eligibility will also advise you if your service meets the requirements for the Yellow Ribbon Program. Take your Certificate of Eligibility to Randolph College and ask your Veterans Affairs Coordinator to certify your enrollment to VA, including Yellow Ribbon. You cannot certify your participation in the Yellow Ribbon Program directly to the VA. Your school must report this information on your enrollment certification.

Remember, to receive benefits under the Yellow Ribbon Program:

  • You must be eligible for the maximum benefit rate under the Post-9/11 GI Bill®;
  • You must not be on active duty or a spouse transferee of an active duty member
  • Randolph College must certify your enrollment to VA, including Yellow Ribbon program information.

For Additional Information

Visit for additional information on the Yellow Ribbon Program or other benefits.  To transfer education benefits to a dependent (child or spouse), the veteran must complete a Transfer Education Benefit (TEB) form available online.  Once benefits have been transferred, the family member should apply to use the transferred benefits by completing VA Form 22-1990e.

Facebook Twitter Instagram LinkedIn YouTube RSS Feeds Snapchat