How to Apply for the Summer Research Program
- February 9, 2024 (Friday) – Proposals Due (as email attachment) to Luisa Carrera.
- Acceptance decisions will be emailed to applicants prior to the beginning of Session 4
- May 6, 2024 (Monday) – Program Begins
- June 28, 2024 (Friday) – Final Oral Presentations/Last Day of Program
The Student Scholarship Committee reviews each proposal according to:
- The significance of the project to the field(s).
- The quality of the proposal as written.
- A clear and logical plan to carry out the project.
- The benefit of the project to the student. What would make participating in the SRP a significant experience for the student? It is important that student participation be focused on research and scholarship and that proposals clearly describe both what their role will be and what specific additions this project will make to the students’ intellectual growth and future (graduate school, job market, etc).
- Outcomes and citizenship of past SRP participation from both the student and faculty, if applicable.
- The student’s academic record: There is no minimum GPA, but the Committee is looking for students who have demonstrated that they have the intellectual ability and independence to succeed in the Program. Addressing an overall GPA lower than 3.0 in the project proposal is recommended and below a 2.5 is required.
We encourage faculty/student collaborators to consider applying for this summer’s program! Please see the proposal writing instructions and proposal requirements.
If you require additional information about the program or the application process, please feel free to contact the Center for Student Research. You may also find it informative to talk to participants from previous summers; past successful proposals are available.
The Director of the Program is Jesse Kern.