How to Apply
- Call for Proposals: Essential information and proposal guidelines (PDF)
- Sample Proposals (in PDF format): Please note that even thought the proposals here were funded in 2012, that does not guarantee that they are complete. In writing a proposal, be sure to follow the guidelines in the 2017 Call for Proposals.
- If your research involves human test subjects, please complete the IRB process at http://www.randolphcollege.edu/irb/.
- If your research involves animal test subject, please contact Dr. Adam Houlihan, Chair of the Animal Research Committee (ARC).
Grant Proposal Workshops
A workshop on how to write a grant proposal are required for students applying to the program, and are strongly suggested for faculty. The 30-minute workshop will be held on the following dates:
- Monday, 1/23, 5:30 – 6:00pm, Alcove Conference Room (by dining hall)
- Tuesday, 1/24, 5:00pm – 5:30pm, Alcove Conference Room (by dining hall)
- Thursday, 1/26, 12:15 – 1:15pm, Alcove Conference Room (by dining hall)
- February 10, midnight – Proposals Due (as email attachment) to email@example.com
- March 3 – Notifications to Applicants
- May 15 – Program Begins
- July 7 – Final Presentations/Last Day of Program
We encourage faculty/student collaborators to consider applying for this summer’s program! Please see the proposal writing instructions and proposal requirements above.
If you require additional information about the program or the application process, please feel free to contact the Center for Student Research. You may also find it informative to talk to participants from previous summers, and past successful proposals are available, above.
The Director of the Program is Amanda Rumore, 434-947-8317.