Self-Designed Study Abroad Programs

Qualified students may elect to study abroad with a non-affiliated program provided that the overseas experience is appropriate to their program of study at Randolph.

All students must request approval from the International & Off-Campus Programs Committee (IOCPC) to enroll directly in a foreign university or study abroad with a program coordinated by another U.S. institution or vendor.

Get Started

Students are invited to meet with the associate provost to explore their options. The associate provost will also assist with IOCPC approvals.


  • Student’s program must be approved by the International & Off-Campus Programs Committee.
  • Participants must be in good academic and social standing at Randolph.
  • Students pay participating institution or vendor direct.
  • Students must work with the Registrar’s Office to determine transferability of credits.
  • Federal financial aid is not usually processed by Randolph College.