Central Virginia Community College Dual Enrollment
Qualified students may participate in our dual enrollment program with Central Virginia Community College (CVCC).
Participants will earn their Associate of Arts and Sciences degree or Associate of Science degree at CVCC, and then attend Randolph College full-time beginning in their junior year. The CVCC students will be allowed to take one course per semester at Randolph.
- A qualified student must have completed or be in the process of completing a high school diploma or GED. An eligible student will not have completed any college credits after completing the high school diploma.
- Any student accepted under this Dual Admission and Enrollment Agreement will begin enrollment at CVCC in an Associate of Arts and Sciences (“AA&S”) or Associate of Science (“AS”) degree program. Upon completion of the academic requirements stipulated in the dual admission offer, a student will transfer to and complete the bachelor’s degree at Randolph College.
- A student will apply directly to CVCC and Randolph College and is required to submit all of the required information in support of the application for dual admission.
This application is only for students who are applying as part of the Central Virginia Community College and Randolph College Dual Enrollment program. Be sure to take these three important steps:
- Download and complete the CVCC Dual Enrollment Application (PDF).
- Submit your official credentials to Office of Admission, Randolph College, 2500 Rivermont Avenue, Lynchburg, VA, 24503.
- Official high school transcripts
- SAT/ACT scores, if available, or passing scores on the CVCC placement tests for English 111 and Math 151.
- Visit campus. Newly-enrolled students tell us that the visit, and the experience they have meeting students and faculty, is one of the biggest factors in their decisions. A visit is not required for admission, but we strongly recommend it to ensure you are advised for success at both CVCC and Randolph College.
You will receive a letter announcing the Admission Committee’s decision. If you have questions while you are waiting for the committee’s decision, please contact Kim Sheldon, Director of Student Success, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Completing Dual Enrollment at Randolph College and CVCC
We want you to enjoy being a part of both the Randolph College and CVCC communities. As part of the dual enrollment agreement, you will:
- Join us at Randolph for an orientation program prior to the start of your CVCC program.
- Be eligible to take one course (3 credits) per semester at Randolph College at CVCC tuition rates while you complete your CVCC degree requirements.
- Receive advising support each semester from a Randolph College advisor.
- Take part in clubs and activities at Randolph.
Once you have completed your degree requirements at CVCC, you will work with Randolph staff to complete the enrollment process for Randolph by submitting form indicating your intention to enroll and a CVCC final transcript. Students who wish to enroll at Randolph College as part of the dual enrollment program must be in good academic standing at CVCC.
Financial Aid and Advice
Students participating in the dual enrollment agreement will be eligible to be considered for Randolph College scholarships designated for transfer students. We believe that every student and family:
- should have access to financial aid counseling at the beginning of the inquiry and application process to get questions answered and to allow time to develop a financial game plan;
- is entitled to an understanding—early in the inquiry and application process—of the approximate average cost of tuition, room, and board; and
- has a right to appeal a financial aid decision when there is a material change in circumstances, such as loss of income, unexpected medical expenses, or changes in dependent status.
Get Answers Early. The professionals in Randolph College’s Financial Aid office can answer your questions, work through “what if?” scenarios based on your family’s resources, and be a resource for you.
The Randolph College School Code for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is 003734.