Frequently Asked Questions About Transferring To Randolph

Transfer to Randolph | FAQ | Admission Requirements | Transferring Credits ! Admitted Students | Student Stories

1. Will my course(s) transfer to Randolph and apply to general education and appropriate degree requirements if grade of P+ is awarded in spring 2020 from my Virginia community college?

Yes. If a grade of P+ is awarded from institutions within the Virginia Community College System (VCCS) during the spring of 2020, then the credit will transfer into Randolph. P+ grades will not impact major selection and will not impact the current GAA in place between Randolph and the VCCS. Transferred credit will serve as prerequisite coursework. P+ grades will not impact consideration for the Virginia Transfer Grant.

2. Can I  submit an application to Randolph?

Yes! You can follow instructions for admissions here.

3. Can I request an unofficial evaluation of my transcript to see how credits will apply to my prospective major? How?

Contact Admissions to discuss transfer credit evaluations.

4. When should I request my transcript? Where should I send my transcripts?

Request to have your transcript sent from any higher education institution that you have attended. If you are transferring in fewer than 30 credits, please request to have a high school final transcript send to Randolph as well. You can request to hold the transcript until your final grades arrive for the semester. Please send official transcripts to:

Randolph College
2500 Rivermont Avenue
Lynchburg, VA 24503

5. How will I register for my fall classes at Randolph?

Once you deposit at Randolph, Kim Sheldon, Director of Student Success, will contact you via email to review your transfer evaluation and discuss course selection for the fall semester. Kim will be your academic adviser until you declare your major at which time you will move to an adviser within the major. Kim will work with you personally to create your schedule and register you manually for the fall semester once a set of courses is identified. You can reach Kim for advising questions via email at or at 434-485-8066.

6. What about orientation? 

Orientation information for incoming transfer students can be found here.

7. When will I know if I am accepted at Randolph?

Notification of acceptance is done on a rolling basis. Once you send in all of your materials, your admissions counselor will contact you with a decision.

8. When will I know if I get housing at Randolph?

Transfer students enrolling in the fall semester should submit their Housing Preference Form by mid June. This form will allow for the Office of Residence Life to better pair you with a roommate that has similar values and interests. If you have a roommate in mind that you would like to live with, please include their name in the space provided on the form. The person that you would like to live with also needs to list your name on their form. Housing information will be available in the first week of July. For assistance, contact Amanda Denny, Assistant Dean for Residence Life and Student Conduct at (434) 947-8291 or

9. Is it too late to apply for financial aid?

You can apply at any time for financial aid and work with our financial aid counselors to plan for the coming semester.

10. What if my financial status has changed significantly, can I apply for more aid? How?

If your financial status changes significantly from one year to the next, contact Financial Aid and request a professional judgement review.

11. How do I pay my deposit? What if I cannot pay my admissions deposit when it is due?

Contact Admissions to discuss options.