Meta Glass

The beginnings of the College: R-MWC in the 1890s

Front campus of R-MWC in the 1890s

Randolph College was founded as Randolph-Macon Woman’s College in 1891, and officially opened its doors to students in 1893. The following article was written by Meta Glass (Class of 1899) in the fall of 1965 about her experiences as one of the first students enrolled at R-MWC in the 1890s: One cannot tell how long... READ MORE >>