Give Today! Support Randolph College
AboutAdmissionAcademicsStudent LifeAthleticsOutcomesAlumnae & AlumniParents & FamiliesInside RandolphAPPLYREQUESTVISITNEWSEVENTSSupport RandolphSearch
Images of Campus

Transfer Credit Approval

Procedures for approval of transfer credit (TCA form)

  • Read carefully the policy statement concerning the transfer of credit in the Academic Catalog under Academic Procedures & Regulations.
  • Click here for the TCA Form. If you are planning a full-year stay at another institution, print two forms, one for each term.
  • Complete the form, making sure to indicate the “Randolph College Requirement to be Fulfilled” (major or minor requirement, General Education requirement, or elective credits). Print copies of the course descriptions and take to your advisor to obtain their signature.
  • If the course being taken is not at a Virginia community college, the department chair signature is also required.
  • If, for admission purposes, the host institution requires Randolph to provide a statement of academic standing and/or permission to take approved courses, or if they require an official transcript, please contact the Registrar’s Office for these documents.
  • Make sure you understand the unit of credit granted by the host institution and how this equates to semester hours if a different system is used.
  • Following initial entry, an undergraduate student may transfer a maximum of 18 semester hours of credit earned in summer school, through part-time off-campus study, and through online course work toward the Randolph College degree requirements (modern language courses must have an acceptable oral/aural component).
  • 56 semester hours of courses must be completed in residence at Randolph College. The required resident hours must include the work of the senior year except for dual degree programs. Fifteen hours of the courses in the major, including the equivalent of the senior program, must be completed in residence at Randolph College. Also, six hours of the courses in any minor must be completed in residence at Randolph College. With the support of the major or minor department, students may appeal to the Board of Review for exceptions to the major or minor residency requirements.
  • Return the TCA form with all signatures and attachments to the Office of the Registrar. You will be notified of any problems or concerns relative to the granting of credit.
  • Make arrangements with the host institution to have an official transcript of the course work mailed directly to the Randolph College Office of the Registrar at 2500 Rivermont Avenue, Lynchburg, Virginia, 24503 immediately following the close of the term of study.
Facebook Twitter Instagram LinkedIn YouTube RSS Feeds Snapchat