Transfer Credit Approval
Procedures for approval of transfer credit (TCA form)
- Carefully read the Transfer of Credit and General Transfer of Credit Policies in the Academic Catalog under Academic Procedures & Regulations.
- Courses need to be approved IN ADVANCE by the student’s advisor and by the Registrar.
- Click here for the Transfer of Credit Approval (TCA) Form. If you are planning a full-year stay at another institution, print two forms, one for each term.
- Complete the form, making sure to indicate the “Randolph College Requirement to be Fulfilled” (major or minor requirement, General Education requirement, or elective credits). Print copies of the course descriptions and take to your advisor to obtain their signature.
- If the course being taken is not at a Virginia community college, the department chair signature is also required.
- If, for admission purposes, the host institution requires Randolph to provide a statement of academic standing and/or permission to take approved courses, or if they require an official transcript, please contact the Registrar’s Office for these documents.
- Make sure you understand the unit of credit granted by the host institution and how this equates to semester hours if a different system is used.
- Return the TCA form with all signatures and attachments to the Office of the Registrar. You will be notified of any problems or concerns relative to the granting of credit.
- Make arrangements with the host institution to have an official transcript of the course work with final grades, mailed directly to the Randolph College Office of the Registrar at 2500 Rivermont Avenue, Lynchburg, Virginia, 24503 immediately following the close of the term of study.