Office of Sponsored Programs
At Randolph College, scholarly and creative endeavors strengthen teaching and contribute to the discovery of knowledge and truth.
The Office of Sponsored Programs enhances the faculty’s pursuit of funding for such endeavors. These efforts enhance the reputation of Randolph College, raise its profile, and contribute to its mission.
Office of Sponsored Programs Mission Statement
The Office of Sponsored Programs directs and advises the Randolph College community in the pursuit of externally-sponsored funding for professional endeavors.
Role and Duties
Through leadership, guidance, and research administration support, the Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) makes possible the acquisition of federal and state grants, fellowships, and other awards that fall within the academic division. The OSP is comprised of the Sponsored Programs Officer, who works closely with many campus offices. The Sponsored Programs Officer performs the following duties:
- Generates proposal ideas with faculty and staff
- Researches funding sources in collaboration with the Office of Institutional Advancement
- Disseminates information about funding opportunities to faculty
- Collaborates with the Principal Investigator and the Business Office on the creation of budgets
- Registers Randolph College for online proposal submissions
- Reviews and edits grant proposals, fellowship applications, and award nomination packages
- Completes application forms requiring institutional information
- Manages grant award acceptances and acknowledgements
- Coordinates and promotes compliance with institutional policies, federal regulations, and funding agency guidelines
- Secures internal approvals from College administration and signatory officials
- Supports post-award grant management activities involving matters of compliance, budgeting, reporting, follow-up communication, and trouble-shooting