Service and Volunteerism
Randolph College has a strong commitment to community service.
Life More Abundant Program
All students are invited and encouraged to make a difference in the Lynchburg community and on our campus by participating in the Life More Abundant Program.
Through service, engagement, and working with other students, faculty members, staff, and our community partners, students gain experience and understanding of five key principles which will prepare them for Vita abundantior –“the life more abundant.”
- Extend learning beyond the classroom. The world is the classroom: To raise awareness about crucial social concerns, encourage students to view themselves as part of the global community, and challenge them to seek solutions to complex root causes of these systematic problems.
- Intercultural Competence: To instill an ethic of caring of students, teach students about the importance of civic responsibility, and empower them to engage in active citizenship beyond graduation from Randolph.
- Learning Outcomes: To illustrate the powerful connection between theory and practice by integrating community service with academic coursework/research, thus augmenting the university’s intellectual climate.
- Growing a network: To support and recognize the efforts of individuals, organizations, and classes whose actions and commitment enhance local community agencies’ abilities to deliver services, thereby strengthening the relationship between Randolph and the local community.
- The Red Brick Wall is not a barrier: To challenge students to embark on an inner journey of personal, intellectual, moral, and cultural development as they engage in service projects that meet the human needs and environmental concerns of the City of Lynchburg, the United States, and in many countries around the world.
Community Service Certificate
Students who complete 30 hours of community service during the academic year will earn the Randolph College Certificate of Outstanding Community Service and receive recognition at the annual Academic and Leadership Awards in April.
Follow us on the Randolph College Student Life Facebook Page for local and international volunteer opportunities!