April 5, 2022
Coordinator of Student Engagement
Randolph College seeks an energetic, self-motivated person with a passion for students and creating a dynamic student life experience for a diverse student body. The Coordinator of Student Engagement serves as a catalyst for the development of impactful co-curricular and experiential programming for the student body while maintaining the college’s traditional atmosphere. This position trains and mentors student leaders including the Randolph Programming Board, the Eta and Gamma spirit groups, and the Traditions Committees. The Coordinator will also assist students/student groups in planning and approving parties and party contracts for public and private events. The coordinator will understand the value of student activities and of the motivations of students who participate in them. The coordinator will foster an environment of inclusivity and model the way in championing diversity. This coordinator is a 12-month position with late night and weekend programming responsibilities that requires on-call responsibilities. Optional live-on housing available as a taxed benefit/part of compensation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise the Randolph Programming Board, Traditions Committee, and the Eta and Gamma spirit groups.
- Plan orientation and trainings for the above listed groups.
- Support clubs and organizations with general questions, concerns, and event registration/party contract processes.
- Counsel and advise individuals or groups or students on personal, social, and academic matters through their involvement in leadership and clubs and organizations.
- Be available to students on a regular basis.
- Make appropriate on and off-campus referrals.
- Responsible for aiding the Randolph Programming Board in planning and executing one social event per academic week.
- Responsible for planning Holiday on Main Activities for the Dean of Students Division.
- Responsible for the oversight and execution of events related to student traditions on campus including but not limited to: Pumpkin Parade, Ring Dinner, Odd/Even Day, Senior Dinner Dance Weekend and Daisy Chain.
- Responsible for coordinating “The Show” act every four years for the Dean of Students Division.
Student Center Supervision:
- Manages student center space and contractual agreements for workout equipment.
- Orders and restocks supplies for ping pong, pool tables, shuffle board table, etc.
- Walks through Student Center on Mondays and Fridays to reset furniture and make sure all spaces are presentable, trash is picked up, etc.
- Attends divisional staff meetings.
- Attends weekly staff meetings with the Assistant Dean for Residence Life & Conduct, Director of Campus Life, and Assistant Director of Residence Life & Housing.
- Participates in the College’s Administrator on-call rotation.
- Participates in conduct hearings (as needed).
- Represents the division through committee work and other administrative assignments.
- Attends College scheduling meetings as deemed necessary.
- Assist the Director of Campus Life with projects on an as need i.e. Orientation programming, Student Government needs, etc.
On-Call and Emergency Management Responsibilities:
- Participate in a 24/7 on-call and emergency response rotation for the entire campus.
- Respond to all texts and calls received on the administrator on-call phone.
- While on-call, serve as a resource for all HRs, RAs, Campus Safety Officers, Communication Officers, B&G on-call staff, Counselor on-call, Fire and Safety Professionals, and EMS providers.
- Keep the assistant dean informed of life-threatening emergencies or serious disruptions that may require on or off-campus intervention and follow-up.
- Notify appropriate staff members regarding situations that impact the residence halls and/or students in the residence halls.
- Submit appropriate incident report documentation immediately upon completion of responding to a call.
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree, experience in student personnel or a related area preferred.
- Experience working with programming and event planning.
- A comprehensive knowledge of the issues and opportunities related to inclusion and engagement.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and public communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with students, parents, administrators, faculty, staff, and external community partners.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously with excellent time management.
- Ability to collaborate with other departments, as well as represent the College to a variety of constituents.
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills, ability to work independently, confident in decision making.
- Experience managing promotional mediums and social media outlets.
- Trained in current best practices to support diversity, equity, and inclusivity initiatives in the college environment.
- Demonstrated excellence in supporting a diverse student body.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to carry out late night and weekend programming responsibilities.
- Requires the kind of teamwork, supervision, and personal interaction, which can transition to virtual work/instruction when deemed necessary by the College.
- An understanding and respect for a liberal arts education.
- Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background investigation.
Typically working in-person in a normal office environment. Position requires a full range of body motion, including reaching, stooping, kneeling, climbing and walking. May be standing/walking/sitting for extended periods of time. May travel some locally. Nights and weekend work required. Must serve as an On Call Administrator in a professional duty rotation.
Randolph offers a competitive salary and excellent benefit package. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to Director of Human Resources, Randolph College, 2500 Rivermont Ave., Lynchburg, VA 24503 or via email to: email@example.com (preferred method). Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. The Randolph community values and supports diversity and an inclusive environment. We are particularly interested in hiring candidates who will enrich the diversity of our campus. Randolph is an EOE employer.