1. All courses having an enrollment of six or more students shall be evaluated. During the last two weeks of classes, each instructor will set aside at least 15 minutes either at the beginning or end of any period at the discretion of the faculty for evaluations to be completed. Faculty will announce the date on which they plan to distribute course evaluation forms at least one class meeting prior to that date. A student who wishes may obtain a form from the Dean’s Office, type her evaluation, and return the form to the Dean’s Office to be placed in an evaluation envelope with the other forms. [Amended: Faculty, 2/1/93; Trustee, 4/29/93] [Amended: Faculty, 5/12/98; Trustees, 10/98]
2. The instructor shall select a student from the class and give her the evaluation forms. The student shall administer the evaluation and return the forms in a sealed envelope to the Office of the Dean of the College immediately after class.
3. The student administrator shall read the following statement before distributing the forms:
"You are being given the opportunity to evaluate this course anonymously. I will take these evaluations to the Office of the Dean of the College immediately after class. They will be available to the instructor of this course when all semester grades have been reported to the Registrar. Out of respect for your classmates and the integrity of this process, please maintain silence during the evaluation procedure." [Amended: Faculty 5/12/98]
4. All evaluations shall be turned in to the Office of the Dean of the College where they may be reviewed by the Dean and/or the President of the College. After all grades have been reported, the evaluations of Full Professors will be sent to the instructor within four weeks following the submission of all grades. Original evaluations of faculty at the Associate Professor rank shall remain in the Dean’s office for a period of three years, then be returned to the instructor. The original evaluations of courses taught by untenured faculty shall remain in the Office of the Dean throughout the probationary period of that faculty member. The Office of the Dean will send photocopies of retained student evaluations to the instructor, should s/he request them.
The chairs shall regularly review the evaluations with untenured members of their departments. The Dean shall also review the college-wide evaluations with untenured faculty members. [Amended: Faculty, 2/1/93; Trustee, 4/29/93][Amended: Faculty, 5/12/98; Trustees, 10/98] [Amended: Faculty, 5/3/99; Trustees, 5/99]
5. At times of review, reappointment, and tenure, access to the evaluations shall be afforded to participants in the process. Departmental course evaluations may also be submitted, at the discretion of the candidate.