- Depression/Bipolar, Alcohol, Eating Disorders , and Anxiety Screeners
These sites provide confidential screening questionnaires for Randolph College students, which you can take online to help assess if you have too much anxiety, might be depressed, have problems with alcohol use, or have an eating disorder. Click on the word in the heading for which issue you would like to assess.
- National Sexual Assault Online Hotline
Get support, 24/7, from trained crisis support volunteers through an online “live” hotline—free of charge, for sexual assault victims, their friends and/or families.
- Virtual Pamphlets - University of Chicago
This site links you to e-brochures from a variety of colleges and universities, which are written specifically for the college student.
- National Institute of Mental Health
Learn about symptoms, diagnosis, treatment, research advances and statistics related to mental health disorders.
- American Psychological Association
Information on a variety of mental health topics, including depression, anxiety, eating disorders, post traumatic stress disorder, etc.
- Mental Health Net
Learn about self-help support, book reviews, research studies, symptoms and more.
- Developmental Tasks for College Students
A snapshot overview of what are believed to be the developmental challenges of the college years (provided by Hampden-Sydney College's Counseling Center).
- Alcoholics Anonymous and NIAAA (National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism)
Two sites with a variety of information about alcohol abuse/dependence.
- National Insitute on Drug Abuse
NIDA's mission is to lead the Nation in bringing the power of science to bear on drug abuse and addiction.